What is a Third-Party Event or Campaign?
A third-party event is when a business, organization, community group, school, or individual hosts an event or fundraising campaign to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado. It is planned and implemented independently of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado.
Examples of Third-Party Events or Campaigns: Proceeds Day, Facebook Shares for Donations, Silent Auction or Raffle, Garage Sale, Bingo Night, and many more.
Policies and Guidelines
We appreciate your interest and willingness to raise funds and awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado (BBBSC), however there are a few guidelines we ask you to follow.
- All events or fundraising campaigns must be approved by BBBSC in advance. In order to start the approval process, the Third-Party Events Application must be completed and submitted. At this time, applications can be emailed to Dana.
- Permission to use the BBBSC name or logo in advertising, promotion, or other materials, must be approved by BBBSC prior to production and distribution.
- BBBSC assumes no liability for the event participants or consumers of the product.
- “Big Brothers Big Sisters” or “Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado” may not be included as the title of the event. BBBSC may be mentioned as the beneficiary of an event or product sales in fundraising solicitations after the activity has been approved by BBBSC.
- Within 60 days following the event or fundraising campaign, proceeds must be received. Proceeds may be mailed or delivered to the BBBSC offices. BBBSC will never allow permission for funds to be generated using our name for personal gain. Failure to produce funds to BBBSC after using our name and/or logo could result in legal action. BBBSC may require additional information or applicant to obtain insurance dependent upon the event or fundraising campaign.
BBBSC is happy to provide the following to ensure your event is successful:
- Input on event planning
- BBBSC logo
- May be willing to assist in promotion of event or fundraising campaign determined case by case
- Staff attendance at the event if applicable
BBBSC will not be able to provide the following:
- Funding or reimbursements for expenses
Denver Metro Area:
Juliana Wierimaa | Events Coordinator | Julianaw@biglittlecolorado.org | 303.800.7251
Pikes Peak Region:
Dana Schield | Event Coordinator | DanaS@biglittlecolorado.org | 719.359.9845